David Young wrote:

> Before I tackle this myself, has anyone added functionality to AuthCookie so
> that it will report *why* a user is being asked to login? Currently, if a
> user enters in a wrong username or password, they just get redirected back
> to the login form with no explanation.
>
> Thanks,
> --David

you can set these in yourself by overwriting
the AuthCookie Response method

you should catch these in your
own subs and send back messages

for instance
in my Auth.pm authen_ses_key sub

  if ($checks ne 1 ||$id eq '') {
    $r->subprocess_env('AuthCookieReason2', 'does not check or you have
no id');
    return '';
  }
  else {
    return  $creds[0];
  }

then in login.cgi
my $error=$r->prev->subprocess_env('AuthCookieReason2')
|| $r->prev->subprocess_env('AuthCookieReason');

 i then just put this erro in as a template param

which handles
my error or else give default 'no cookie one'

hope that helps
also you might wanna try setting
PerlSetVar AuthCookieDebug 3

for longer messages in logs till you get then hang of it