I installed ModPerl today, am excited, it seems to *mostly* work,
however, every request is ending in a connection reset error.  This is
difficult to search for, since this is apparently a common problem in NT
under some situations.  I am running :
Mandrake Linux 8.0 (kernel 2.4.3-20mdk)
Apache 1.3.20
ModPerl 1.26

This is the script I am running :

#!/usr/bin/perl -w
use strict;

if ($ENV{"MOD_PERL"}) {
   print "Hello!";
   } else {
   print "I'm in slow motion :)";
}

I have two copies of the script, one running under ScriptAlias, the
other running Alias under mod_perl.  Here is the location block for the
modperl version:

<Location /modperl>
   AllowOverride None
   Options ExecCGI Indexes
   SetHandler perl-script
   PerlHandler Apache::Registry
   PerlSendHeader Off
</Location>

It appears to work ( I get a webpage that says Hello!), in a Mozilla
browser, but httperf shows a connection reset instead of a success
message, the same goes for lynx (Alert!: Unexpected network read error;
connection aborted.).  The ScriptAlias version works fine.  The two
scripts can be seen online at

Regular CGI version : http://www.nonserviam.net/perl/index.pl
ModPerl version: http://www.nonserviam.net/modperl/index.pl

Any thoughts / suggestions would be greatly appreciated.