Hi,

I am having problem getting Apache::AuthDBI working. It seems like its
allowing user access anyways....ie I have tried it with valid user and
invalid username,
valid password and invalid password and in all cases it lets you
in....here is some supporting data

I have the following Apache and mod_perl version...

[Sun Aug 26 19:56:44 2001] [notice] Apache/1.3.12 (Unix)  (Red
Hat/Linux) mod_ssl/2.6.6
OpenSSL/0.9.5a mod_perl/1.24 configured -- resuming normal operations

I also have the following virtual host definition in my httpd.conf. Note
I'm simply requiring a
startup.pl file.

Hi,

I am having problem getting Apache::AuthDBI working. It seems like its
allowing user access anyways....ie I have tried it with valid user and
invalid username,
valid password and invalid password and in all cases it lets you
in....here is some supporting data

I have the following Apache and mod_perl version...

[Sun Aug 26 19:56:44 2001] [notice] Apache/1.3.12 (Unix)  (Red
Hat/Linux) mod_ssl/2.6.6
OpenSSL/0.9.5a mod_perl/1.24 configured -- resuming normal operations

I also have the following virtual host definition in my httpd.conf. Note
I'm simply requiring a
startup.pl file.

<VirtualHost xx.xx.xx.xx>
ServerName www.joe.com
ServerAdmin [EMAIL PROTECTED]
DocumentRoot /web/joe
ErrorLog /etc/httpd/logs/joe/error_log
TransferLog /etc/httpd/logs/joe/access_log
<Directory /web/joe >
    PerlRequire /web/joe/mod_perl/startup.pl
    Options Indexes Includes FollowSymLinks ExecCGI
        AddHandler cgi-script .cgi
    AllowOverride All
</Directory>
ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ "/web/joe/cgi-bin/"
</VirtualHost>

I also have a statup.pl file that reads

#!/usr/bin/perl
use Apache::DBI;
use Apache::AuthDBI;
use Carp;

warn("in startup");
$Apache::DBI::DEBUG = 2;
$Apache::AuthDBI::DEBUG = 2;

And finally I have a .htaccess that reads

[...]

AuthName DBI
AuthType Basic

PerlAuthenHandler Apache::AuthDBI::authen
PerlAuthzHandler Apache::AuthDBI::authz

PerlSetVar Auth_DBI_data_source  "dbi:informix:joe@docware"
PerlSetVar Auth_DBI_username xxxx
PerlSetVar Auth_DBI_password yyyyyyyy
PerlSetVar Auth_DBI_pwd_table     users
PerlSetVar Auth_DBI_uid_field     user_name
PerlSetVar Auth_DBI_grp_whereclause  "and user_passwd =
$ENV{REMOTE_PASSWD}"
PerlSetVar Auth_DBI_pwd_field     user_passwd
PerlSetVar Auth_DBI_grp_field     user_name

PerlSetVar Auth_DBI_encrypted     off
PerlSetVar Auth_DBI_uidcasesensitive      off
PerlSetVar Auth_DBI_authoritative         on

require valid-user

And the error log shows

 31496 Apache::AuthDBI::authen passwd not found in cache
==========
31496 Apache::AuthDBI::authz  request type = >initial main<
31496 Apache::AuthDBI::authz  user sent = >medi<
31496 Apache::AuthDBI::authz  requirements: valid-user=>1< user=><
group=><
31496 Apache::AuthDBI::authz  user_result = OK: valid-user
31496 Apache::AuthDBI::authz  return OK

I have followed step by step instructions of Apache::AuthDBI and I can not
get this thing to
work....perhaps I'm overlooking something....

>From my understanding of Authentication and Authorization, it looks like
in spite of
Auth_DBI_authoritative being set, the authorization (or authentication) is
not doing its job
of rejectting and returning an OK....

Can someone help please...

Medi Montaseri                               [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Unix Distributed Systems Engineer            HTTP://www.CyberShell.com
CyberShell Engineering