I have a query that executes many many times that I would like to optimize
using placeholders. One of the fields that it will insert into is a 'text'
field and I am having a problem with DBI (or the db) escaping '\n'
characters so when they are inserted into the database they become '\\n' (ie
a '\' followed by 'n'). I want it to keep the newlines in tact when
inserted. I have run into this behavior using both DBD::mysql and DBD::Pg.

Does anyone have advice on how this could be done while still using
placeholders so I dont need to prepare the query more than once?

Thanks for the help.

ryan