Hello all,

For the first part of my project, I'm just using mod_perl as a replacement
for CGI. I'm trying to execute a mod_perl script via mod_rewrite, but it
doesn't seem to be persisting.

In my httpd.conf, I've got:

  <Files *.mod_perl>
    SetHandler perl-script
    PerlHandler Apache::Registry
    PerlSendHeader On
    Options ExecCGI
  </Files>

    RewriteRule ^/([^/^.]+)/?$ /path/show_journal.mod_perl
 [T=application/x-httpd-cgi,E=NICKNAME:$1,L]

The above is used to catch the following URL:

http://www.journalscape.com/kenny/

The nickname 'kenny' is captured from the url and sent to the script via an
environment variable.

It executes show_journal.mod_perl perfectly well, but the script does not
remain resident in memory. Do I need to call it differently? Any help is
appreciated. :)

Kenny Smith
[EMAIL PROTECTED]