I have a related question....

How do I confirm that I indeed have a persistent database connection...
I have modified my httpd.conf via PerlRequire "/path/startup.pl"
with debuging at level 2...I see the following in my httpd error_log

[Thu Sep 13 22:11:34 2001] [notice] Apache/1.3.12 (Unix)  (Red
Hat/Linux) mod_ssl/2.6.6 OpenSSL/0.9.5a mod_perl/1.24 configured --
resuming normal operations
5653 Apache::DBI             PerlChildInitHandler
5654 Apache::DBI             PerlChildInitHandler
5655 Apache::DBI             PerlChildInitHandler
5656 Apache::DBI             PerlChildInitHandler
5660 Apache::DBI             PerlChildInitHandler
5658 Apache::DBI             PerlChildInitHandler
5657 Apache::DBI             PerlChildInitHandler
5659 Apache::DBI             PerlChildInitHandler

But when I check my sessions on my Informix, I don't see any sessions
owned by the owner of the httpd process...

By the way, my method of checking my Informix sessions is

onstat -g ses

Just in case I'm doing this part wrong....

Stas Bekman wrote:

> On Thu, 13 Sep 2001, Flavio D' Amore wrote:
>
> > Hi!
> >
> > How can i configure the startup.pl in order to use a global symbol such as
> > "$lda = Apache::DBI->connect_on_init(..." including a persistent database
> > connection to Oracle that's could be shared by other perl scripts?
>
> http://perl.apache.org/guide/databases.html

> Stas Bekman              JAm_pH     --   Just Another mod_perl Hacker
> http://stason.org/       mod_perl Guide  http://perl.apache.org/guide
> mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]   http://apachetoday.com http://eXtropia.com/
> http://singlesheaven.com http://perl.apache.org http://perlmonth.com/

Medi Montaseri                               [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Unix Distributed Systems Engineer            HTTP://www.CyberShell.com
CyberShell Engineering