Hi everyone,
   I'd like to know if there is a simple way to find if an apache server
is compiled with mod_perl and with which version. My aim is to write a
script which compile mod_perl if it is not installed.
   For the moment I've found only two ways, launch the actual server and
telnet it to parse the server signature. But it has the disadvantages of
having the Apache server running and the server signature on.
   The other way  would be to get the return of httpd -v, but I won't
have the version and I think this won't work if the module is compiled
in dso.

   So is it possible from the Apache binary to check mod_perl ?

Cheers,
       Mat