it seems that apache/mod_perl have a problem with sockets on win32. after the socket
has been opened successfully (I double check to
see if the socket handler is defined with "fileno($socket)") the print to the socket
is failing due to an "invalid argument" error
. it seems that this bug exists for some time
http://archive.davin.ottawa.on.ca/modperl/1999-02/msg00129.phtml.
someone suggested that to avoid the problem the apache should use only one thread,
unfortunately I can't use  a one thread system.
do you of any other solutions to this problem ?

I'm using apache 1.3.20 for win32, mod_perl 1.25_01-dev.

10X.