From: "Ted Sariyski" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, September 18, 2001 10:12 AM
Subject: Apache-Roaming with Netscape-4-72

Hi,

I apologize if I address my question to a wrong newsgroups. I was trying
to enable mod_perl Roaming user with Apache running on i386/RedHat7.x. I
followed all the steps in order to do so but when run Netscape-4.72 I
get the following in the Apache error log file:

/home/web/roaming/.htaccess: Invalid command 'tsariysk:ZJbPFKHxDasnx',
perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a module not included in the server
configuration

It seems that a perl module is trying to interpret .htaccess instead of
to authenticate. Here is my configuration. I installed
Apache-Roaming-0.1002 and in httpd.conf added the following lines:

LoadModule perl_module        /usr/lib/apache/libperl.so
AddModule mod_perl.c

and

PerlModule Apache::Roaming
<Location /roaming/>
<limit GET PUT MOVE HEAD DELETE>
  </Limit>
  PerlHandler Apache::Roaming->handler
  PerlTypeHandler Apache::Roaming->handler_type
  AuthType Basic
  AuthName "Roaming User"
  AuthUserFile /home/web/roaming/.htaccess
  require valid-user
  PerlSetVar BaseDir /home/web/roaming
</Location>

When I restart the server there are no complains. The error pops only
when the client try to connect to the server. I will appreciate any help
to fix what I am missing in my configuration.

Thanks in advance,
Ted