Hi all,

I'm sharing memory between httpd processes using IPC::Shareable. It is working
but seems to behave inconsistently (memory is often not being freed etc..). I'm
using it for creating common cached areas for file and database contents shared
between httpd children. Is there a better way to do this i.e. Am I stuck with
IPC::Shareable? I'm running mod_perl and the whole application is running as a
single content handler.

It also isn't as fast as I thought it would be  - sure it takes a long time to
do the initial load of all caches on the first request, but I just thought it
would be a little faster than it is. Are there any performance issues I should
be aware of with IPC::Shareable or shared mem in general?

Thanks!

~mark