On Fri, Sep 21, 2001 at 01:28:53AM +0800, Stas Bekman wrote:
> If you remember back in the end of April, I've posted to the list an
> unusual job seek request [1], where I was saying that I want some
> company to sponsor me to work full time on mod_perl 2.0 development.
>
> Believe it or not my unusual request has been answered by Craig McLane
> from TicketMaster.com (which owns citysearch.com).
>
> citysearch.com is a heavy user of mod_perl technology and interested in
> making sure that mod_perl technology get more and more mature and ensure
> their business' success.
>
> So starting from this September I'm working on mod_perl 2.0
> development, a new documentation project (which you are welcome to
> join) and doing mod_perl advocacy through teaching at the conferences
> and other ways.
>
> Currently the contract is for one year. But if everything goes well,
> and mod_perl 2.0 rocks the world even better than 1.x did we will see
> more support and sponsoring from TicketMaster.
>
> This email's purpose:
>
> - is to set a precedent for other business to sponsor mod_perl and
>    related technologies. There are at least a few excellent developers
>    that I know will jump on the opportunity of being able to do what
>    they love full time.
>
> - is to set a precedent for other developers to seek what they really
>    want and read less stories about hi-tech recession, since good
>    developers are always in demand. Therefore I hope that this email
>    will encourage you to do that.

Hip Hip Hurray ! for Stas !

> Notes:
>
>    [1] http://forum.swarthmore.edu/epigone/modperl/runvesay

> Stas Bekman              JAm_pH     --   Just Another mod_perl Hacker
> http://stason.org/       mod_perl Guide  http://perl.apache.org/guide
> mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]   http://apachetoday.com http://eXtropia.com/
> http://singlesheaven.com http://perl.apache.org http://perlmonth.com/

| Philippe M. Chiasson  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>             |
| F9BF E0C2 480E 7680 1AE5  3631 CB32 A107 88C3 A5A5 |
gethostent not implemented : Your C library apparently
doesn't implement gethostent(), probably because if it did,
it'd feel morally obligated to return every hostname on the
Internet.
        -- perldiag(1)

perl -e '$$=\${gozer};{$_=unpack(P26,pack(L,$$));/^Just Another Perl
Hacker!\n$/&&print||$$++&&redo}'

PGP signature