I had this problem also with redhat 7.1, and I fixed it the same way.

I believe it is caused by loading two different versions of the same shared
object into the Apache webserver.  In my case, I was loading one version
(db2) of berkeley db with:

  LoadModule db_auth_module  modules/mod_auth_db.so

and then a different version with DB_File.so inside mod_perl.  If you leave
the /usr/include/db.h pointing to db3/db.h when you compile DB_File, it
results in a version 3 DB_File.so object.

Another solution would probably be to comment out the LoadModule statement
in your .conf.  But that would only work if you don't need it for anything.

-Adi