At 11:36 AM +0800 10/19/01, Stas Bekman wrote:
>Right, my point is that WWW::Search namespace is taken :)

Ah.  Sorry, my miscommunication.  When I said that I "ended up making
a WWW::Search" I should have put an "an instance of" in there instead
of "a".  Basically WWW::Search provided a good interface, but
everything was remote, so I wrote this.  If you stick to the
conventions provided here, it should be easy to make other variations
using other local search engines.  I was just surprised that nobody
seemed to have done it before.

Grep(3)        User Contributed Perl Documentation        Grep(3)

NAME
        WWW::Search::Grep - class for searching a local web site
        using grep

SYNOPSIS
            require WWW::Search;
            $search = new WWW::Search('Grep');

DESCRIPTION
        This is a grep specialization of WWW::Search.

        THis class exports no public interface; all interaction
        should be done through WWW::Search objects.

OPTIONS
        The default query syntax is:      word word OR word
        "quoted phrase" Blank separated words are implicitly
        separated by AND.  OR refers only to the word or phrases
        directly to either side.  The model is the same as that
        used by Google (http://www.google.com/).

        search_url
            Specifies the directory to search.  All .html and .htm
            files in the specified directory and any
            subdirectories will be searched.  This is an absolute
            pathname and is required.  E.g.
            /home/httpd/html/foo/searchdir/

        base_path
            This is this is the part of that pathname that should
            be stripped off before prefixing the base_url.  This
            is required.  E.g. /home/httpd/html/

        base_url
            This is prepended to the pathname after stripping the
            base_path.  This is optional, the default is none.
            E.g. http://www.somewhere.com/ or /

        search_debug,search_parse_debug
            See WWW::Search

        grep
            Pathname to grep, default is /bin/egrep.

AUTHOR
        Kee Hinckley, [EMAIL PROTECTED]

- --

Kee Hinckley - Somewhere.Com, LLC
http://consulting.somewhere.com/
[EMAIL PROTECTED] (or ...!alice!nazgul for time travelers :-)

everyone else's.