----- Original Message -----
From: Mark Doyle <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> I missed your original post, but maybe this will help.
>
> What about creating a new log using CustomLog and tying it to an
> environment variable and only setting this in the requests you want
> to log? I do this to log subscriber activity in a separate log
> (still goes to the main access_log with all non-subscriber activity
> as well, but it doesn't really matter as the separate log file is
> much smaller and only has the events I need to process).

My ultimate goal is this:
I have a silly redirector script that acts as a logging hook for folks clicking their
way out of the site. The hit a link like redir.cgi?dest=abc. My client has a web
report that displays by document, meaning that all of these redirects would show up in
the report lumped together as though they were equivilant. What I want is to change
the access_log entry for sake of that report, so I'd essentially have mappings like:

  redir.cgi?dest=abc      => redir_abc.html
  redir.cgi?dest=jack     => redir_jack.html

This will break out the individual redirection requests in a way that makes sence in a
human-readable report.

Make sence?

---
Rodney Broom