what is wrong with DONE?  DONE immediatly closes the client connection and
starts the logging phase.  if you have sent the content already then there
is nothing to worry about.  the call to send_http_header will pick up on the
any status you set previously or use the default HTTP_OK set at the start of
the request.

no matter what status you return, it matters not once you've sent your
headers.  DONE is there if you want to close the client connection, which
will prevent any other PerlHandler from getting to the client

HTH

--Geoff