John Michael wrote:

> I have seen and read through the guide, but will read through it again as
> you have suggested.
> I do have use stricts in my scripts.
>
> I also get a lot of these things when I run it with the -w option.
>
> ;' called at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.0/i386-linux/Apache/PerlRun.pm
> line 113
>  Apache::PerlRun::compile('Apache::PerlRun=HASH(0x8a44a5c)',
> 'SCALAR(0x885825c)') called at
> /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.0/i386-linux/Apache/PerlRun.pm line 289
>  Apache::PerlRun::handler('Apache=SCALAR(0x8385200)', 137931400,
> 'Apache::PerlRun', 'Apache=SCALAR(0x8385200)') called at lib/file_ops.pl
> line 82
>  require 0 called at lib/file_ops.pl line 82
> Subroutine check_availability redefined at lib/file_ops.pl line 106.
>  require lib/file_ops.pl called at
> /home/usr1/digital/membersurl/perl/content_manager/handler.pl line 28
>  require 0 called at
> /home/usr1/digital/membersurl/perl/content_manager/handler.pl line 20
>  eval 'package
> Apache::ROOTmembersurl_2ecom::perl::content_manager::handler_2epl;use Apache
> qw(exit);
> #line 1 /home/usr1/digital/membersurl/perl/content_manager/handler.pl
>
> My error log will fill up fairly quick.  I am also using:
> Apache::exit()
> with
> use Apache qw(exit)
> and this seems to be causing errors as well.

well, it seems that you have misread the guide. It says that you don't
use Apache::exit() with registry and friends (perlrun *is* a registry
friend :) you just use a plain exit() and perlrun will do the work for you.

as for the warning in your error log, make them disappear by cleaning
your code, through attending each and every report and making Perl happy
when it complains. You're looking for a trouble if you make the warnings
disappear by disabling warnings. Also don't use -w but PerlWarn On.

But it's all in the guide, so I won't repeat it here.

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]  http://ticketmaster.com http://apacheweek.com