John Michael wrote:

> I don't know if this will help.  I know very litlle about mod perl, but most
> of the people on this list don't seem to answer questions from beginners.

Hmmm.  You asked some questions that made it sound like you hadn't read
the documentation, and you stil got 3 answers in 24 hours.  One thing
you should consider is that not everyone here is in the same time zone.

> I think you might try adding:
> use subs qw(main);
> in the top of your script.
> or instead of
> main() use &main()

That's probably not it.  The difference between mail() and &main() is
that &main() circumvents prototypes, as documented in the perlsub man page.

> If that doesn't work, you will probably need to make the lib a package and
> import it into your fetch.pl program.

That probably *is* the answer, and a good programming practice for any
perl project.

> Does anyone know of a news group that answers mod perl questions?

There are lots of places that will answer mod_perl questions
(http://perlmonks.org/ for example), but none as good as this list.

- Perrin