Hi,

> It would be interesting to hear whether you have the same results
> with the stock Perl version distributed with FreeBSD (built without
> PERL_THREADED defined, since that experimental stuff was removed from
> FreeBSD with good reason).

with perl 5.6.1 and my Perl isn't threaded :)

> That's what the p5-apache port did.
> I added the mod_perl port
> _specifically_ to make mod_perl available to FreeBSD admins dynamically.

but it's build as DSO and I guess this makes the troubles.

i prefer DSO and ports too, but i guess that DSO is the problem.

Also the standard perl of FreeBSD is 5.005 -- which is really leaking
memory and not up to date ;=) so i want to use 5.6.1 -- on my test machine
i replaced it with 5.6.1, on production server i installed a second perl
because it seems that it was not the best idea to replace the standard perl
version ...

Ciao
  Alvar