I have a modperl script that uses. cgi.pm and actually I have been importing my on cgi params from get and post but do use cgi.pm for cookies.  I have read in some other emails and now in the guide that it is faster to use Apache::Request so I want to change my script over to this method since it will eventually come under a heavy load.

I added this to my perl.conf file

PerlModule Apache::Request

and apache says that it can not find the module in

@INC (@INC contains: /etc/httpd/lib/perl /usr/lib/perl5/5.6.0/i386-linux /usr/lib/perl5/5.6.0 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.0/i386-linux /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.0 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl . /etc/httpd/)

sure enough, I looked in there and it isn't.

I went to the module list and the list claims that apache::request is included with the standard dist of mod perl.

I'm running Apache 1.3.9 and mod_perl/1.24_01

What should I do?

Also, I have a script that is running under apache::registry.
I run the script by using a mod-actions handler that I have in my httpd.conf file like so.
The script runs from a blank index.htm page and creates the dynamic output depending on the referring url and query-string

<Directory "/home/usr1/digital/membersurl/html/protected">

AddHandler RTS-protected-htm htm

Action RTS-protected-htm /perl/content_manager/handler.pl

</Directory>

I imagine this is not very efficient?

I guess I will eventually have to set it up as a hander?

What is your opinion?

I'm new to packages and modules and have basically little experience with OOP.  The script works fine with no errors, but I expect a heavy load in the future. I eventually want to have the correct solution but I'm trying to beat the learning curve before the traffic gets there.

Can I set up the script now as a handler or does it have to be written in OO format?

I do understand that a few things have to be changed, like I have to use apache::constants to finalize the handler phase.

Reading several books and understanding more and more everyday.

Thanks

John Michael