Hi,

The problem was that on our machines ( Solaris 2.6,
Apache 1.3.14, Modperl 1.26) we are constantly getting
a "child segmentation fault (11) ". One mail in the
news group suggested using PERL_USELARGEFILES=0 in
addition to the normal configuration for modperl
installation. We tried that with the command :

% perl Makefile.PL APACHE_SRC=/perl/apache_1.3.14/src
 DO_HTTPD=1 USE_APACI=1 EVERYTHING=1
PERL_USELARGEFILES=0

% make && make test && make install

but we got the following message :

[snip]
modules/module......skipped test on this platform
modules/perlrun.....FAILED before any test output
arrived
modules/psections...skipped test on this platform

Failed Test  Status Wstat Total Fail  Failed  List of
failed
modules/perlrun              ??   ??       %  ??
6 tests skipped.
httpd terminated
Failed 1/34 test scripts, 97.06% okay. 0/374 subtests
failed, 100.00% okay.
make: *** [run_tests] Error 29

After this we were stuck up, hence thought of copying
the existing installation on a similar machine which
seems to be working !.

Thanx
Nick.