Stas,

I appreciate that this is the mod_perl mailing list.  Let me clarify my
initial question by adding...  This behaviour only occurs when I run my
script under mod_perl, no errors are reported when using mod_CGI.

Hence my posting to the mod_perl list.  :-)

Jonathan M. Hollin - WYPUG Co-ordinator
West Yorkshire Perl User Group
http://wypug.pm.org/