Hi...,
As per ur suggestion, I have installed Apache 1.3.20 and mod_perl 1.26.

It seems, the environement is OK..
whenever I am running some simple PERL scripts, it ran.
But whenever I am running my project, I got the following error in the
apache error log file.

[Wed Nov 14 21:14:05 2001] [error] [Wed Nov 14 21:14:05 2001] null:
Undefined subroutine &Apache::ROOT::vswap1_2e1_2e5::index_2eeml::my_start
called at /apps/vswap1.1.5/index.eml line 13.

The source code for the index.eml file is as follows :

# -*-perl-*-
#
#(C) 1998, 1999 X/Open Co Ltd.  (C) 1999, 2000 WAP Forum Ltd.  All rights
reserved
#! /usr/local/bin/perl -w
#
use TestRuntime;

$wmlname = $TestConfig::TEST_SUITE_NAME;
$wmlname =~ m/[\s\(]/;
$wmlname = $`;

my_start("Wireless Application Protocol Application Layer Test Suite") ;
if ($mode eq "html") {
INSTALLATION AND TEST<br/>Please do not use on
my_p(q( Welcome to The Open Group Verification Suite for WAP Clients.  This
test suite is designed to exercise WAP
 clients and gateway servers against the requirements in the WAP 1.1
specifications from the WAP Forum.));
accessing this release of VSWAP1.1.5. To do thi
s you will need to enter the designated WAP Forum username and password. If
not known, this can obtained from your
 WAP Forum WIG representative.</em></p>));
 my_p(q(From this page, you can perform the following operations:));
  my_menu;
  my_item ("Manage Test Sessions", "run/menu.eml");
  my_item ("Review Test Results", "run/review.eml");
  if ($TestConfig::SITE_USER_MANAGEMENT) {
  my_item ("Create a New Account", "public/agree-license.eml");
  }
  my_item ("View the Release Notes", "readme.html");
  my_item ("View the Quick Start User Guide", "guide.eml");
  my_item ("View the WML 1.1 Test Specification",
"tests/wap/specs/wml11ts.html");
  my_item ("View the WMLScript 1.1 Test Specification",
"tests/wap/specs/wmls11ts.html");
  my_item ("View the WMLScript Standard Libraries 1.1 Test Specification",
"tests/wap/specs/wmlssl11ts.html");
  my_item ("View the WAP Caching Model 1.1 Test Specification",
"tests/wap/specs/wcm11ts.html");
  my_item ("View the WAE Low-level Test Specification",
"tests/wap/specs/lowlevel11ts.html");
  my_menu_end;
  p(qq(<font size="-1"><i>($TestConfig::TEST_SUITE_NAME :
$TestConfig::TEST_SUITE_REL_DATE)</font></i>));
} else {
href="$SR/run/menu.eml">Run tests</a></p>));
}
my_end_index;

what might be reason for the above problem..
Can any one suggest., it will be grateful..

Thanx in advance,

rgds,
Pratiksha