Hi there,

On Wed, 14 Nov 2001 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I'm trying to compile apache_1.3.22+mod_perl-1.26 on a redhat 7.1
> linux box. I replace the original gcc  2.xx with gcc version 3.0.2
> and perl 5.6.0 with perl 5.6.1 both compiled in the same box.

Get rid of 5.6.0.  It's probably not the problem, but you don't want it.

> These are the last lines of the output of 'make test'
> [snip]
> Can't locate object method "new" via package "URI::URL" (perhaps
> you forgot to load "URI::URL"?) at ../blib/lib/Apache/test.pm line 252.
> make: *** [run_tests] Error 255

Can we take it that you have URL.pm somewhere?  What happens if you type

perldoc URI::URL

?

Could be that you just have the wrong paths set up (but you don't seem
to have read mod_perl/SUPPORT so nobody knows... :)

Anyway, it probably doesn't matter unless you're going to go live with a
commercial site on your installation.  I'd guess your server works OK.
Have you done "make install"?  Can you load the Apache test page from a
browser?

73,
Ged.