Ged Haywood <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Hi there,
>
> On Sat, 17 Nov 2001, Dau Hee wrote:
>
> [snip,snip]
> > I also use up2date to upgraded my glibc to 2.2.4 from 2.2.2.
>
> Why?  If it ain't broke, don't mend it.

Because RedHat will have fixed stuff. For some values of fixed.

I normally roll my own mod_perl Apaches, but I recently put RH7.1 on
my desktop and so far, the out-of-the box install and complete up2date
has been sweet.

My recommendation to our friend would be to make sure ALL the RPMs are
up to date - perl included. It might be a large update, but at least
everything will be in step.

When are we going for that beer, Ged? ;-)

--
David Hodgkinson, Wizard for Hire        http://www.davehodgkinson.com
Editor-in-chief, The Highway Star           http://www.deep-purple.com