I need mod_perl to not send the Content-type header when a program is
run. Despite the "Off" value of the "PerlSendHeader" variable in
httpd.conf, the header is still being sent.

This test program still sends an extraneous Content-type header:
   print "Content-type: text/html\n\n";
   print "<h1>Hello World</h1>\n";

Here's the relevant portion of the httpd.conf:
# mod_perl initialization
PerlRequire /usr/local/apache-dev/ultraform-lib/startup.pl
PerlModule Apache::DBI DBD::mysql
#PerlSetEnv key value
PerlTaintCheck Off
PerlWarn On
PerlFreshRestart On
PerlSetVar UndefOnReload On
PerlSendHeader Off
<Directory "/usr/local/apache-dev/cgi-bin">
    AllowOverride None
    Options ExecCGI
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
    SetHandler perl-script
    PerlHandler Apache::Registry
    PerlSendHeader Off
</Directory>

--
Gregor Mosheh, B.S.     http://www.blackangel.net/

   As we enjoy great advantages from inventions of others, we
   should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any
   invention of ours; and this we should do freely and generously.
      -- Benjamin Franklin