Chaps,

Can I pick the wisdom of the hive here please? I witnessed a couple of
mod_perl related network problems yesterday which are kind of mod_perl
related:

1. On a RH6.0 (yes, ick) box without persistent DBI connections, the
server side of the DBD::mysql connection was successfully closed
(netstat shows nothing), but the client side shows a TIME_WAIT state,
which hangs around for 30 seconds or so before
disappearing. Obviously, using Apache::DBI makes this go away, but
it's disturbing nonetheless. Does this ring any bells?

2. On both RH6 (in the office) and Solaris (at the co-lo) with a
middling-recent Apache and mod_perl, some pages were getting truncated
when sent to the browser. This happens on a variety of browsers and a
variety of pages. Once it happens on a particular combination of page
and browser it's reproducible. Now, the page is definitely being
completely sent to $r-print(), but it's not making it to the browser
(or at least that's what tcpdump shows). Again, any bells ringing?

Thanks,

Dave