On Mon, 8 Oct 2001, Ged Haywood wrote:

> Have you tried doing
>
> Apache::Cookie->new( $r,
>                    -name => 'foo',
>                    -value => { wont_break => '1', not_at_all_borked => '' } )->bake;
>
> instead?

I can hardly control the order in which values are written out to the
cookie via a hash!  Unless instead of an anonymous hash, I passed in a
reference to a tied hash or something.

> > I tried to fix it but I am a C gimp and don't know WTF I am doing.
>
> Please don't modify the function ap_getword() in src/main/util.c as
> that will probably break all sorts of things.

No, I was trying to fix it in apache_cookie.c  It could simply check if
the next char was '&' before calling ap_getword.

> I'd leave this new function in the same file (util.c) for a quick hack
> but if you leave it like that then ten to one you'll forget it's in
> there and have to do it all over again next time you upgrade Apache.
>
> It's still better to find a way around the problem than to do
> something nasty like this.

I was trying to patch Apache::Cookie, not Apache.  Apache is doing what it
says, and is therefore correct.  Its simply not desirable to use that
function in that particular place in the apache_cookie.c file.

-dave

www.urth.org
We await the New Sun