Jason Boxman wrote:

> Hey all!
>
> I'm actually not sure if this is a VMonitor issue or a Scoreboard issue, but
> here's my situation.

> (... Or to jump to the point, the reason for my post is my VMonitor output
> for Apache only shows partial information for the parent process and no
> information for my running children... See config info and output below:)

Jason,

Since you've already tried to look at the code and play with it, it's
not a VMonitor's issue, but the Scoreboard's one. I'm running all the
latest -dev versions of modperl/apache and it works for me.

cauze, it returns a *binary* image. Try to grab it instead. On my setup
it's about 538 bytes long (depends on how many children are running and
other info, but should be definitely 100+ bytes). Try:

 % lynx --dump http://localhost/status/scoreboard > the_score

> I hunted through the VMonitor.pm code, just to see if I could figure out
> what's going on...
>
>     for (my $i=-1; $i<Apache::Constants::HARD_SERVER_LIMIT; $i++) {
>         # handle the parent case
>         my $pid = ($i==-1) ? getppid() : $image->parent($i)->pid;
>         last unless $pid;
>         my $proc_mem  = $gtop->proc_mem($pid);
>         my $size      = $proc_mem->size($pid);
>
> I commented out the "last unless $pid" and printed out $i.  It went through
> 256 increments, but the output above remained the same.  It seems like my
> Apache::Scoreboard isn't setup properly.

As you can see you can write a simple script that will reproduce your
bug outside of VMonitor.

> If anyone has any thoughts, I'd appreciate the help.  VMonitor is a sweet
> module I'd let to get working fully.

:)

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]  http://ticketmaster.com http://apacheweek.com