On Thu, Dec 06, 2001 at 11:01:09AM -0500, Chris Pizzo wrote:
> Im looking for a way to create an "installable" version of my wesite to
> distribute to customers that don't have web access.  The site basically
> shows the inventory I have and uses a postgres database and mod perl to show
> the product sorted in the manner that the user wants to see it.  Can someone
> point me in the right direction or am I completely out of luck here?

Well, depending on your site you have two options:

* if the available options for sorting the product are limited, you're
  best off by saving the resulting pages (wget, etc) on disk. Make
  sure the links stored are relative to the current dir and that they don't
  have no characteres that would make them impossible of being stored in
  vfat/iso9660+joilet+rr/ext2/etc.

* have on cd apache with mod_perl and postgresl in installable form with
  your data. Or have them already installed on the cd. The problem here is
  that the source for your entire site will have to be distributed too
  and available for everybody's eyes to see. You'll also have to have
  different apaches and postgres for every architecture your clients use,
  and you should configure them to use different ports than the normal
  ones and above 1024, so that they don't conflict with already running
  web servers and rdbms. Also, they will have to be configured without
  absolute paths, and without any creation or writting to files (the cd
  medium is read-only, of course).

Good luck! :)

Regards

--
Luciano Rocha, [EMAIL PROTECTED]

The trouble with computers is that they do what you tell them, not what
you want.
                -- D. Cohen