> Some bug report about Apache::SizeLimit diagnostic:
>
> I don't know about Linux and Solaris but under
> FreeBSD shared memory shows some incredible numbers:

Okay, I'll ask the guy who wrote the *BSD support to look into it.  I don't
have a FreeBSD system to test with.

> And some recomendation - I'm using Apache::SizeLimit as
> PerlCleanupHandler - so Apache would exit after request is completed.

You should use it in an early phase, like PerlFixupHandler.  It pushes a
cleanup handler if it needs to exit.  It will not exit until after the
request is done.

> I'm using mod_class for mod_perl size hard control during reponse phase.

I've never heard of mod_class.  Do you have a link for it?

My official recommendation is to set Apache::SizeLimit up with low enough
numbers that you can handle it if it grows a little more during the final
request, and use Apache::Resource as a hard limit to prevent runaway
processes from eating up all your RAM.  Apache::Resource will kill your
process even if it's in the middle of a response, so you don't want to use
it for normal size control.

- Perrin