> I am trying [* *] tag and the code as simple as this does not work.

Note that [* *] is experimetal and will not work always in 1.3.x (it does in
2.0)

> I am using embperl 1.3.2 build from theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca for Windows.

Please upgrade to the newest version (1.3.4), because there where a number
of bug fixes for win32

> ----------------------------
> <H3>Test</H3>

> count: [+ $c +]
> count: [+ $c +]

This normaly should work without problems. If it doesn't work after an
upgrade try to replace [* *] with [- -]

Gerald

E-Mail:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]         Voice:    +49 6133 925131