At 2:26 PM -0500 12/19/01, Lihn, Horng-Twu wrote:
>Kee,
>This helps. But if I have to do this in very page,
>isn't this post a serious problem to the memory consumption?

I can't speak to "require".  But if you do a "use" in an Embperl
script, the library will load once per-process.  In fact this
occasionally causes problems for me, since I'm doing virtual hosting
and sometimes I have moved one site to a new library, but haven't
recoded the other--can't do that if the two servers are reusing
common Apache processes.

That said, it would be nice (just from an easy-of-use point of few)
if Embperl had an option to load a common library for all of your
Embperl files on a site--but you could easily do that using
EmbperlObject.  Just define a template something like this:

[! use MyLibrary; !]
[- Execute('*') -]

Now all of your files have access to MyLibrary.
--

Kee Hinckley - Somewhere.Com, LLC
http://consulting.somewhere.com/

everyone else's.