On Thu, 27 Dec 2001, Philip Mak wrote:

> Does mod_accel have a reverse proxying directive (similar to the
> ProxyPassReverse directive in mod_proxy) in order to make redirects work?

Yes, AccelPass automatically handles reverse proxying in
"Location" and "Refresh" headers.

> I believe the "AccelPass" directive automatically handles reverse
> proxying, but what if I used RewriteRule instead:
>
> RewriteRule ^(.*)\.asp$ http://127.0.0.1:8001/$1.asp [L,P]
>
> That does not setup reverse proxying for me...

Yes, it doesn't. It's difficult to figure proxied URL parts in mod_rewrite
so I have to make explicit directive to specify reverse rewrite.
I will make it today or tomorrow.
I think it should have reverse syntax:

AccelReverse  http://127.0.0.1:8001/   /

Or not ? Of course it complicates porting from mod_proxy to mod_accel
but I think it's clearer then ProxyPassReverse syntax.

Igor Sysoev