I am having problems getting mod_dir to work with mod_perl.  When mod_perl
is loaded, mod_dir does not work.  In particular, I want to specify
"DirectoryIndex index.html" in my httpd.conf file to set the default file
to be accessed.  When mod_perl is loaded, http://somehost/~someuser does
not work, but http://somehost/~someuser/index.html does.  The error
message I get is "Document contains no data".  The error log shows:

[Thu Jan  3 14:48:19 2002] [notice] child pid 2934 exit signal
Segmentation Fault (11)

If mod_perl is not loaded, then both forms of the address work and there
is no Segmentation Fault.

I saw this problem posted somewhere, but do not know if it was answered.

As an alternative, I tried loading the mod_perl version of AutoIndex
(http://www.dmi.usherb.ca/laboratoires/documentations-logiciels/Perl/lib/Apache/
AutoIndex.html), but I get a perl compilation error at runtime.

Here is my Apache configuration:

# ./httpd -v
Server version: Apache/1.3.22 (Unix)
Server built:   Jan  3 2002 13:44:35

# ./httpd -l
Compiled-in modules:
  http_core.c
  mod_env.c
  mod_log_config.c
  mod_mime.c
  mod_negotiation.c
  mod_status.c
  mod_info.c
  mod_include.c
  mod_autoindex.c
  mod_dir.c
  mod_cgi.c
  mod_asis.c
  mod_imap.c
  mod_actions.c
  mod_userdir.c
  mod_alias.c
  mod_rewrite.c
 mod_access.c
  mod_auth.c
  mod_cern_meta.c
  mod_expires.c
  mod_headers.c
  mod_so.c
  mod_setenvif.c
  mod_ssl.c
  mod_php4.c
  mod_auth_kerb.c
  mod_auth_mysql.c
  mod_perl.c
  mod_autoindex.c

# /usr/local/bin/perl -v
This is perl, v5.6.1 built for sun4-solaris

I am using mod_perl-1.26

Please help me.

Thank you,

-- Bill --

William T. Martin               email:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cornell University/ORIE         Fax:    (607) 255-9129
257 Rhodes Hall                 Phone:  (607) 255-9134
Ithaca, NY 14853
Public Key: http://www.orie.cornell.edu/~martin/public_key.html