"Stathy Touloumis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>For some reason the call to 'push_handlers' does not seem to register the
>'handler' with mod_perl correctly when used in the code below.  It seems
>that only a few initial requests will successfully be processed by this
>handler.  It then just seems to be bypassed.  It only works when the
>'push_handler' code is commented out and a Perl*Handler directive is added
>to the apache conf file.  Does anyone know why this is so?
>
>Here is a snippet of code which is read in at server startup through a
>'require' directive.
>
>Apache->push_handlers(
>       PerlPostReadRequestHandler=> \&handler
>);
>
>sub handler { warn "Hello World\n"; }

As far as I know, push_handlers only works the the current request --
that is, the handlers pushed with it are cleared at the end of the
request.

It would seem that doing this at startup sets up the handler which
then gets used by the children and cleared after the first request
they serve.  This would give you the symptoms you're seeing (each
child called once, and then it disappears).  Try running httpd -X to
see what happens.  There's also probably something in the guide about
it.
--
James Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, 979-862-3725
Texas A&M CIS Operating Systems Group, Unix