> One of the things I don't like about traditional try/catch handling is
> that it doesn't allow for class level programming.  You need to allow
> any subroutine to try/catch exceptions (die).  It's also nice to
> notify any object in the stack that there is an unhandled exception
> passing through its code.

  I'm afraid I don't get it - isn't it what the "finally" functionality
in Error.pm (CPAN) does ?

  try {
    stuffThatMayThrow();
  } finally {
    releaseResources();
  };

>  This eliminates a lot of explicit
> try/catches.

  Well, destructors are of some help too in that issue.

 (not lighting up a flamewar, just trying to understand the issues - I
don't know much about Aspects, but I find exception handling with
Error.pm a breeze, even for big projects)

--
<< Tout n'y est pas parfait, mais on y honore certainement les jardiniers >>

                        Dominique Quatravaux <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>