On Tue, 15 Jan 2002, Robert Landrum wrote:
> At 10:22 PM +0000 1/15/02, Matt Sergeant wrote:
>>On Tue, 15 Jan 2002, Robert Landrum wrote:
>>
>>> I've seen nothing on this list that suggests that new users shouldn't
>>> ask questions.  If they don't ask questions because they're "afraid"
>>> of the response they might get, then maybe they should stay home and
>>> leave the programming to those people who have mettle to ask.
>>
>>I know where the sentiment comes from, but I really hope people don't read
>>that and stay away in fear. Really folks, we're friendly here, so long as
>>you play by the rules: quote cleanly, don't post HTML, and ask politely.
>
> Absolutly.  My response was addressing Joe's statment that users are
> too intimidated to post.  I disagree.  True programmers know no fear.

True programmers know no fear of computers.  However, any programmer who
knows fear of RTFM would likely not post to any perl mailing list that
didn't have beginner or newbie in the name, due to having experience
with such lists before ever hearing about mod_perl.

Count me as someone who would be interested in being on the list, though
not necessarily very active.

Ed