On Tue, 29 Jan 2002, Michael A Nachbaur wrote:

> Well, seeing as this would be the new version of mod_perl, I could see it
> being worth ORA's while to forgo their little copyright nonsense.  I'm sure,
> if a really nice design comes up with the mod_perl eagle, that ORA wouldn't
> mind bending their copyright for us.  After all, its extra publicity for
> them, right?

That's not how trademarks work.  ORA have to complain about every use of
a trademarked form that comes to their attention, otherwise the trademark
lapses.

If their trademark lapses, then someone else can produce "Eagle books".

To borrow the really horrible slashdot phrase though, "I am not a lawyer"

Later.

Mark

--
s''  Mark Fowler                                     London.pm   Bath.pm
     http://www.twoshortplanks.com/              [EMAIL PROTECTED]