Peter Beardsley wrote:

> This is kind of a bizarre question, but I was wondering if it was
> technically possible to set the response code of a script running under
> Apache::Registry.  The way I usually see it being set is the return value
> of the handler routine, but is there any way to set it?

the way Apache::Registry works is that you have to set $r->status.
Apache::Registry, behind the scenes, will return $r->status as the
handler return code and reset the "official" status.

for instance, it's typical for redirects to see

$r->headers_out->set(Location => '/foo.html');
$r->status(REDIRECT);

return REDIRECT;

in this case, the return REDIRECT actually does nothing - it's the
call to $r->status that does the work.

HTH

--Geoff