This reaminds me of a Brain Bowl competition at USC a few years ago, where
the winner (a one man Perl speaking team) solved 4 out of 6 problems in the
given time
(compared to other multiple member teams) and the school of engineering decided
remove Perl as one of the possible languages

The story ends with "....the winner is currently working and uses his prize, a
copy
of MS Visual C++, as a door stopper...."

Having said that .... I don't think Google has anything against Perl.
They use lots of it.

Bill Moseley wrote:

> Sorry for the Way Off Topic, and sorry if I missed this on the list already:
>
> http://www.google.com/programming-contest/
>
> They say C++ or Java.  What, no Perl?
>
> --
> Bill Moseley
> mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Medi Montaseri                               [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Unix Distributed Systems Engineer            HTTP://www.CyberShell.com
CyberShell Engineering