On Mon, 18 Feb 2002 15:04:16 +0100
Me myself <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

: Since there would be just one Perl interpreter I guess plain "use vars"
: would add symbols to a in principle shared by more code main namespace,
: do you know whether there is a standard, clean solution for this?

I somehow was thinking packages are mainly used for writing modules or
classes and that wouldn't be idiomatic to start a CGI with a package
declaration.  Silly me, packages introduce namespaces and that is
precisely what was needed.

Nevertheless, it turns out that Apache::Registry takes care of that
problem wrapping CGIs in corresponding different packages he declares,
so a valid answer to my question appears to be that a standard, clean
solution is to do nothing special to protect globals.

-- fxn