On Tue, 19 Feb 2002, Eric Cholet wrote:

> --On vendredi 15 février 2002 17:19 +0300 Igor Sysoev <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>
> > You can try
> > ftp://ftp.lexa.ru/pub/apache-rus/contrib/mod_deflate-1.0.11.tar.gz
> >
> > It compresses content on the fly without any temporary files
> > as mod_gzip does. It has workarounds with buggy browsers.
> > mod_gzip has not.
> >
> > Drawbacks:
> > It patches Apache and can not be loaded as DSO.
> > It compresses static files every time. mod_gzip can use cached
> > compressed file.
> > It has Russian documentation only but you can ask me if you
> > have any problems.
>
> Yeah, can you translate that little paragraph about FreeBSD?

There are 3 times when FreeBSD is referred:

----
in /.configure:
--with-idle-check - check CPU idle state. This parameter is available
on FreeBSD 3.x and above only.

----
DeflateIdleCheck:

Syntax: DeflateIdleCheck number
Default: DeflateIdleCheck 1
Context: server config

Set interval for CPU idle checking in seconds.
This directive is available on FreeBSD 3.x and above only if you
set --with-idle-check configure parameter.

----
DeflateMinIdle:

Syntax: DeflateMinIdle 0 .. 100
Default: DeflateMinIdle 0
Context: server config

Set minumal CPU idle level in percent when compressing is enabled.
This directive is available on FreeBSD 3.x and above only if you
set --with-idle-check configure parameter.
----

Small comment. We are using idle checking on www.rambler.ru but it seems
it is not usefull on small files (<50K) and modern CPU.

Igor Sysoev