> if mod_deflate will receive flush request it will flush
> deflate encoding
> and will write compressed content to Apache buffer. But it does not
> flush Apache. Anyway the max block is 8K, Apache buffer is 4K and OS
> usually should send data if in OS's buffer there is more then 2K.
> So it's probably MSIE feature as well as NC4 can not render tables
> until it receive '</table>'.

If it was a "bug" in MSIE, it must be something specifically related to receiving
compressed content, since the same data sent uncompressed, gets rendered as they
arrive.

Anyway, I just tried getting the same data using lynx, and this made it evident that
*without* mod_deflate, the data gets sent by Apache as they are ready, whereas *with*
mod_deflate, all the compressed data are sent as one big block at the end.

So it seems that I am still unable to get the functionality I am looking for.

Nicholas Oxhøj