On Tue, 26 Feb 2002 08:32:37 -0500
"Henigan, Timothy" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

: I don't know if this is the best design, but it works for this application.
: If you made it this far into the email, you might be interested in some
: sample code...let me know.  If you have comments, please speak up.  I'm the
: only developer on the project, so if I've gone off the deep end, I might not
: notice.

Yeah, I am surely biased because in my company everything is done with
Java where servlets act as controllers and forward requests to JSPs.
Here people basicaly put data in the session object, for instance a User
associated with the session. You have static data shared by everybody...
it's a bit different as you probably know [*].

But I want to learn the multi-processes way of program with Apache and
his related technologies.  I believe, for instance, the Java people here
at work do not completly realize they use the session object both to
store state _and_ as a cache mechanism sometimes.  You are not aware of
what you are taking for granted until you play with other techniques.

So, a controller could in principle perform a call to a template engine
as yours does, conceptually there is no need to do that internal
redirect.  In fact, there is no need to have two different files if I
take the pattern a bit further.  For instance, I believe a page written
in Embperl or PHP could begin with the controller code and once finished
the view code could follow, that would be MVC too in my opinion.

Well, just sharing thoughts.

-- fxn

[*] If needed, load balancing is done taking sessions into account.