Hi Dermot,

> I'm a completely newbie and have a problem with your installation. I
> think my problems are mainly to do with environment variables,
> specifically @INC. The error log has the following:
>
>  Undefined subroutine &Apache::startINC::handler called.
>
> I have a statINC at not a startINC. So I modified the httpd.conf
> accordingly. However I still get:
>
>   Undefined subroutine &Apache::statINC::handler called.

Have you tried Apache::StatINC? - note the case.

If you can do 'perl -MApache::StatINC -e 42' on the command line without
any errors, then

PerlInitHandler Apache::StatINC

in your httpd.conf should be fine as well.

> As I don't know how to manually change @INC, I have added the
> paths to the PERL5LIB env variable (in my .cshrc) but this does not
> take effect till I log in. So the server does not start unless I am
> logged in and start it manually as it can not find statINC.pm. Even
> then http requests generate the above error.

perldoc -f use

If you have a set of custom modules that you need Apache to find,
something like:

<Perl>
    use lib '/directory/root/of/your/modules' ;
</Perl>

in your conf should work.

david wright