I just upgraded to Apache 1.3.23, mod_perl 1.26, openssl 0.9.6c, modssl 2.8.7.
Since then, httpd segfaults every time I use LWP::UserAgent to grab from a ssl
server.  The following mod_perl script is an example:

#!/usr/bin/perl

use strict;
use LWP::UserAgent;

my $ua = LWP::UserAgent->new;
my $request = HTTP::Request->new(GET => 'https://www.modssl.org/');
my $response = $ua->request($request);
my $text = $response->content;

print "Content-type: text/html\n\n";
print "It worked<BR>\n";
print $text;

This works perfectly from the command line, but segfaults when run within
mod_perl.  It also works fine when run in /cgi-bin, and it will work fine when
run in mod_perl if I change the request from https to http.  My first thought
was that the perl modules were linked to an older version of openssl, this is
not the case, I reinstalled all the perl modules and then even deleted perl
completely, recompiled it, reinstalled all the necessary perl modules, rebuilt
apache/mod_perl with the rebuilt perl, and the same thing still happens.  Once
httpd segfaults once, each apache process seems to crash/restart once per
second until I apachectl restart :(.  This all worked fine under mod_perl
1.25.

Any ideas??
Ryan
   .'  Ryan Veety <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> - http://www.ryanspc.com  `.