> >>What I want is for My::Foo to handle all URLs that start with "/foo",
> >>without any authentication of any kind.  Then I want the
> remaining URLs to
> >>be handled by My::Bar using its authentication handlers.
>
> Seems like it should work to me.
>
> > this may be one of those cases where "/" is handled as a special case.
>
> Or maybe it's because there is no actual document there?  Maybe
> installing a transhandler would help.
>
> PerlTransHandler  Apache::OK

A TransHandler?

> But this is just a stab in the dark really.

OK am I the only one who see this as a nesting issue? HIS config, arranged
logically, starts with

> >><Location />
> >>  SetHandler perl-script
> >>  PerlHandler My::Bar
> >>
> >>  AuthName Bar
> >>  AuthType Basic
> >>  PerlAuthenHandler My::Auth::Bar
> >>  PerlAuthzHandler  My::Authz::Bar
> >>  require valid-user
> >></Location>

OK, we have set ALL URL's (because Auth nests) to be under My::Auth*::Bar.
But below, we want to NOT be under THAT realm for /foo, so:

> >><Location /foo>
> >>  SetHandler perl-script
> >>  PerlHandler My::Foo
        AuthName OK
      AuthType Basic
      PerlAuthenHandler Apache::Constants::OK
      PerlAuthzHandler  Apache::Constants::OK
> >></Location>

We've now overriden the higher-level of auth.

I have NOT tested this... lemme know!

L8r,
Rob

#!/usr/bin/perl -w