Rafael Caceres wrote:
> I'm facing a dilemma here. We are testing an Oracle 9iAS installation
> (Apache 1.3.19, mod_ssl 2.8.1, mod_perl 1.25 as DSO, Perl 5.005_03) on
> Red Hat Linux 7.2, which itself came with Perl 5.6.0, and from your
> comments, that's bad..

First of all, if it's working for you then don't worry about it.

I'm curious about this though:
> On the other hand, Oracle's product does not include all the sources
> -which could have patches- making up the mod_perl enabled Apache

Are you saying Oracle provided special modules for you to use?  Are you
sure they aren't just the standard DBD::Oracle stuff?  Oracle has never
been very interested in helping people solve DBD::Oracle problems
before, so I don't see why they would be secretly distributing special
versions with private patches.

Unless there is some additional module provided by Oracle which has a C
component and no source, you should be fine to replace everything they
gave you if you want to.  I wouldn't bother though, unless it's giving
you trouble.

- Perrin