Jeff wrote:

> Please forgive a mod_perl wannabie [aka woza.PHP4.user]
>
> I have googled two differing flavoured cookies in the
> mod_perl recipe library:
>   Apache::Cookie

Apache::Cookie is a nice interface for cookies that is specific to the mod_perl
environment.  it
parallels CGI::Cookie, except it is a C implementation so is a bit faster

>   Apache::RequestNotes

is a wrapper around Apache::Cookie (among other things)

> and of course, there is the 'Why not hack the HTTP_COOKIE
> env all by your lonesome?' peppermint flavour too!

eeew, don't do that.  the whole point of Apache::Cookie, CGI::Cookie (and CPAN in
general) is to
abstract out these things into modular components that are tried and true.  using
Apache::Request or
CGI.pm for parsing GET and POST parameters (instead of reading from STDIN or
$ENV{QUERY_STRING}) is
also the preferred way.

Recipes 3.5 and 3.7 in the mod_perl cookbook should be of some help.

welcome to mod_perl!  :)

--Geoff
<plug>
http://www.modperlcookbook.org/