*looks again*  oops...  I didn't look close enough at tyhe error,
assumed it couldn't find mod_perl.so *hits himself in head*.

Did you install perl yourself?  If so, you may want to make sure that
the directory containing the libperl.so file (usually
TOP_LEVEL/libexec/) is included in the file /etc/ld.so.conf and then run
ldconfig as root.
That might help...

  Issac